Winter in Ladakh - 2nd experience
With the first experience of winter in Ladakh behind me (check this blog post and photos here) I landed in Leh on Dec the 12th ready to do more demanding treks than the previous season. My intention was to try to get to Zanskar over the passes still in December and - once there - return to Leh by the famous Chadar Trek: the way on the frozen Zanskar river.
Although I did not manage to do everything I had planned, I did got to Padum from Lamayuru as well as succeeded testing the Chadar. With the short Ganda La trek at the end of my visit and the beautiful flight over the Himalayas from Leh to Srinagar I can't stop thinking about another winter season in Ladakh - maybe next winter. And I'm deeply convinced that there is so much more about Ladakh in winter than the famous Chadar Trek.
- Delhi-Leh GoAir G8-193 flight on 12th Dec - fantastic views
- Lamayuru - Padum trek in winter
- From Zanskar to Central Ladakh by Chadar
- Ganda La in winter, Ladakh
- See you soon, Ladakh!
- Bird's eye glance at Ladakh in winter: the Leh - Srinagar - Delhi flight